Earthquake Insurance: What’s Covered?

If you live in an area that’s known to have earthquakes, you may want to have coverage for them. This would be in addition to your regular homeowners insurance, and at an additional cost. Unfortunately, many people buy standard insurance and don’t realize that it doesn’t cover quakes. If they have damage from an earthquake, it’s at that time they find out they aren’t covered. Don’t let that happen to you. Make sure you talk to your agent and find out about the different kinds of coverage you can (and should) get for your home.

You’ll also want to talk about your true risk of earthquake damage, and whether getting insurance for it would be wise in your situation. Many policies that cover quakes don’t take effect until you’ve already paid out a large amount. In other words, you may have to pay to repair thousands of dollars in damage before you would be able to get anything from your insurance. Weigh that against what the policy would cover, and you’ll make a well-informed decision.

For more information on homeowners insurance and earthquake coverage in the Westminster, CA area, contact Pulp Street Corporation today.

All Rights Reserved. 2013© Pulp Street Corp | 9012 Bolsa Ave Westminster CA, 92693

Customized and Mangaged by
Stratosphere Marketing Solutions