Protect Yourself Against Uninsured Drivers

auto insurance westminster caDoes Your Insurance Policy Offer Coverage If The Other Party Is Underinsured?

According to the Insurance Research Council, nearly one in seven drivers on the road today are uninsured. When you factor in the number of people on the roadways carrying only the state-mandated bodily injury liability coverage, it is not surprising that the odds of getting into an accident with someone who is uninsured or underinsured are high.

If you get into a traffic accident and the other party is at fault, their insurance will pay for your expenses, right? In an ideal world- yes. There is, however, the issue that arises when the expenses exceed the limits of their policy. What happens then?

In some states, if the other driver is considered underinsured your own insurance policy can step in and pay the remaining expenses (up to the limit of your policy). In others, however, if you and the other driver have the same policy limits that driver will not be considered underinsured and you will not be able to use your policy for any additional expenses.

To ensure you are covered against these kinds of situations, ask your insurance agent about underinsured motorist coverage. He or she can help you understand the guidelines in your state (underinsured coverage is required in some states) and if the policy will cover bodily injury for your passengers. Also, ask if you will need two separate policies for underinsured coverage and uninsured coverage, or if that protection is available in one policy.

For expert answers to this and other auto insurance questions, contact Pulp Street Insurance Agency. Serving Westminster, San Gabriel, and all of California, our educated team is here to help you understand the kind of coverage you need, and secure it for you at the most competitive pricing in the industry. Call us today!

All Rights Reserved. 2013© Pulp Street Corp | 9012 Bolsa Ave Westminster CA, 92693

Customized and Mangaged by
Stratosphere Marketing Solutions